Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Brett went to Florida today

We woke at 3:30am this morning to take Brett to the airport to go to Florida to see his mom, brother, sisters and milk-n-cookies (his step dad Ed). He will be there for 6 weeks. (As you can see from my count down clock - yes Christy I stole your idea). He was very excited to see his mom. He really likes flying - he says it feels like he is alone and grown up - even though he has a chaperone with him at all times.




He made it to the end of our street (1/2 block) before he fell asleep.



The last time we took him to the airport (in December) there was ice on the cars, ground and our noses. It was flippin' clold. Today - shorts and flip flops Gottat love summer!!!!




"Gmom - I am tired when can I get on the plane and go back to sleep?"





Bye Brett - This was the last time I got to see him. Only one of us can go upstairs to the gate. It stinks, but if that is what will keep our country safe (mom's not being able to watch their children leave in an airplane) then that is a sacrifice that I am willing to make for my country!






Up the esclator to the magicical "Ticketed Passengers Only" area....




Hang on boy! It is time to FLY!!!







We live 45 mins from the airport. He made it to New Mexico before we made it home. Look at him go!

It was bitter sweet for me an Jason to send him on his way this morning. We will miss him terribly but he misses his mom and siblings so we were happy to see him go....
I am sure he will have a blast, they have plans to go to Disneyworld, Universal Studios, Kennedy Space Center and spend some time in the Florida Keys...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update and photos. That is so cool to be able to do this. I'm sure Brett is in Florida now and way tired but will get rested and be raring to go see all the sites with his siblings. Take care. Mom Parry

    ReplyDelete